God's Word

You have made known to me the path of life; and you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Sunday, August 26, 2012

End of August

What, it can't be... oh well, here we come September and another round of birthdays, Thanksgiving and Christmas. It comes around so fast now. Older people used to tell me how quickly Christmas came, but I thought it took forever when I was about 9 years old.  Well now, I am the older one and I tell you, it comes around quickly.

Karen moves in.....

We invited our friend and local missionary, Karen to take over the upstairs room. She will be traveling some but right now, we enjoy having her here and getting to know her better.
As you can see, she fits in well with the crazy bunch here!

Weather....

It has been a hot & dry summer, but with Fall on the way, it is starting to cool down a little and we've done pretty good with the rain in our area.  We had a good crop of zuchini and tomatoes. I planted garlic and it didn't do very well.  Maybe next summer!  Also maybe even plant some sweet potatoes or something.

Baseball....

Chase had a great year playing with the Braves and with the All Star team. He can really hit and gets home runs pretty often. (Little outfielders sometimes don't catch the ball or know where to throw the ball to the infield, but they are so cute!)  Chase played first base and did very well, now that he is playing Fall ball at Greenbrier, he is playing second base and he likes that.

No comments:

Post a Comment