God's Word

You have made known to me the path of life; and you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Friday, February 27, 2009

Thank Goodness It is Friday!

It is kind of strange that I would still love Fridays, since I don't work a normal, Monday through Friday schedule but I do like Fridays. Something about the weekend coming (and especially with snow in the forecast) it makes you feel like a kid again!
Steve and I were just talking about some things we did as young adults. We traveled to Haiti and Mexico with a bunch of teenagers! Wow, one Christmas we went and when we left Clarksville there was ice on the windows inside the bus. It was a cold week in Mexico too and we didn't have enough warm clothes and blankets! I can't believe the parents trusted us to take their kids to Mexico for Christmas and to Haiti during an embargo.
It is so nice that even now, years later some of the teens still keep in touch with us. Some of them are like family. Yeah, lots of great memories. I should be able to write about all those great times we had. Unfortunately I have forgotton lots of the details.
Anyhow, it is nice to be able to stay in our warm comfortable house. I guess that proves we are getting old? really?

No comments:

Post a Comment