God's Word

You have made known to me the path of life; and you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday Morning

Rainy, a little chilly, maybe snow in the forecast. Alright! It is a good day, I am so blessed. God has been so good to me. This year, I am looking for, recognizing and trying to write down any kindness I see from God. The hard part of this is: like John, how many books will it take to record all of His kindness. Just waking up and being able to get out of bed, go for walks, eat breakfast, it is all His kindness. Having clothes to wear, having hot and cold running water and indoor bathrooms is His kindness.

When you see how most of the rest of the world lives (Haiti- no running water, no toliets that flush, not much food and people willing to give their children to Americans so the child will have a decent life) that will wake you up. Maybe in the cities of Haiti it is better, but out in the villages, life is hard.

Anyhow, enough preaching, this was totally not what I was thinking about when I sat down to blog. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment