God's Word

You have made known to me the path of life; and you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Praising God through the circumstances.

At our weekly fellowship & prayer group, we were discussing how God doesn't fit into our theological box.  How He chose Job to point out to satan...and Job went through it!  In Ecc.7:14 (NIV) When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider God has made the one as well as the other.
God just doesn't fit in the box.  He does what we do not expect. Just this week, a young man from our church died in a motorcycle wreck.  We want to ask "why?"  Sometimes, it is easy to ask God, 'why does Steve have parkinson's disease?'
You know, I think I have reached the point in my life, where it just doesn't matter the why too much anymore.   He is God and I'm not. If I could understand Him, then He wouldn't be God.
I just want to do everything without grumbling & complaining, I want to praise Him no matter what is happening in my life. It is very hard sometimes, God I need your grace to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment