God's Word

You have made known to me the path of life; and you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Monday, December 19, 2011

God is Awesome

Certainly God is awesome.  He is doing a work in my life and I am glad.  Our fellowship is calling for a fast in January.  I've been asking God, "what should I fast from?"  Not that fasting is one of my favorite things, but if He wants me to fast, then I am willing.
The thing is, I want to be the person He created me to be.  Sometimes I have felt like a hypocrite.  I've felt like a stepchild,  a baby Christian after all these years of church going and serving, and sometimes I have even felt like giving up.  Will I ever be able to be good enough?
Well, I don't think I will ever be good enough, but Jesus saved me by His sacrifice and His blood on the cross.  God loves me, but that doesn't mean I want to stay like I am.  I'm glad He loves me, but I also want to love Him and be what he made me for...   for His pleasure.
Thank you Father, and merry Christmas to You. Thank you for Your gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment