God's Word

You have made known to me the path of life; and you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Monday, September 26, 2011

New Name

When I was a child, I wasn't thrilled with my name, kinda plain, and everyone always said something is "plain Jane".  I thought they were saying, it is plain & ugly.  I was named for both Grandmother's and I think that is a beautiful honor.  Now that I am older, I like my name and I am proud to be named for them.

So, I read in the Bible that Jesus will give us a new name when we get to heaven. I was wondering what my name will be.  I thought of Grumpy and Numbskull, but Jesus loves us and I hope he doesn't give us bad names like that.  It would be nice to be Grace, Beautiful or Skilled, but anything he gives me, I will love.
The Bible says, (Rev. 2:17)   "and I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it."  How great is that? !

In Rev. 17:14, "These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is the Lord of lords and the King of kings; and those who are with Him are called , Chosen, and Faithful.

Jesus has many names.  He is worthy of them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment