God's Word

You have made known to me the path of life; and you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolutions?

The end of the year has me thinking about resolutions, committments and one little word.  I have prayed about and chosen one little word for the year for the last 3 years.  Each year, I am surprised about the things God reveals to me in that word for that year.  One year, I had 'kindness', I thought I need to learn to be more kind, but God showed me his kindness.
Last year, I had 'listen', I love to listen to people, but I like to be listened to as well. Few people really know how to listen well and I want to be one of them.  I want to listen to God. Landon shared about sitting with God (an empty chair) and talking to God as if he is your best friend sitting there.  I learned and it touched my heart that God listens to me.  This year, my word is 'live'.  I want to live each day to the fullest.  I want to be aware of God and his presence in the day.  To think that we will live in eternity with Him, really be alive in Him! Wow, beyond comprehension!  We are living in eternity now, but it will change vastly when we get to heaven with Him.  Yeah God!

No comments:

Post a Comment