God's Word

You have made known to me the path of life; and you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Truth

I am trying this 1000 gratitude thing because most of the time, I am not a grateful person nor I am an optimist.  I guess I see the hard parts of things, and I see the glass half empty.
I want to do 31 days of Praise and 1000 things to be grateful for because I usually am discouraged, grumpy or have apathy.
I work around the house, work in the yard (sometime I like to work in my flower garden) because those are things that have to be done, blah like washing dishes and laundry and cooking.  I don't especially enjoy those things. When I realized that I asked myself,  "well what do your enjoy?" 
I know I enjoy my family.
I used to like to knit, crochet, scrapbook, things like that... now it is ok, but it doesn't excite me. Shopping really doesn't mean much fun.  I can't remember the last time I went to lunch with a friend.  I enjoy staying home.  i am an introvert, trying to figure out hanging out with people and not feeling anxious (or wanting to go home) is a struggle.
I don't want to live a blah life.  I know that doing what God wants me to do is fulfilling. I guess I just need to listen to Him and do whatever it is that I need to do.

5.

Today's grateful thing is the rain, it is nice to lie in bed and listen to the rain. so peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment