God's Word

You have made known to me the path of life; and you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Friday, October 5, 2012

Good Reads

I love to read.  Karen loaned me a book called Spiritual Rhythm by Mark Buchanan.  It is good and I'm still in the first chapter. He writes about the different seasons in our life.  For winter, he explains;
" My responsibility was simply to know the season, and match my actions and inactions to it. It was to learn the slow hard discipline of waiting. It was my season to believe in spite of-- to believe in the absence of evidence or emotion, when there's nothing, no bud, no color, no light, no birdsong, to validate belief. It was my time to walk without sight."
Winter is hard and I have been through it.  Glad Spring is happening in my soul right now. God is so good. He doesn't leave us in winter forever.  Blessed be the name of the Lord. Blessed be His Holy name.  He gives and takes away, but my heart will truly say, Blessed be Your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment