God's Word

You have made known to me the path of life; and you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Sunday, March 25, 2012

I've been feeling kind of blah this week and was in kind of a blah mood this morning on the way to church.  We got there a little late and didn't do much worship time.  During the message Landon was teaching about heaven and he was telling us about a woman that had a dream about heaven. She was there and she went into a room and there was an older gentleman sweeping the floor of a general store.  Jesus was sitting at the counter and the older man was also a pastor.  Landon asked if that would be our idea of heaven.
Probably not my idea, I'd rather be outside somewhere.  Anyway, the thing that blew me away was, my grandfather owed a general store between 1900 and 1953 when he died.  He was also a pastor and I'm sure he had his time with the Lord in that store when there were no customers.  It just made me think that it could have been my grandfather sweeping the floor and having fellowship with Jesus. 
It just made a tear up and my heart swell. I am so proud of my grandfather.  I never really know him, but I wish I had.  Maybe I can go visit him once I get to heaven. I don't mind hanging out in the store with Jesus and my grandfather. What a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment