God's Word

You have made known to me the path of life; and you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Live Simply

That sounds like a great idea, but how do we do it?  Living like the Amish is not living simple to me. It is a lot of very hard work.  Living like a hermit? Mmmmm, maybe.
Maybe a beach bum? That sounds better.

Seriously, I would like to live a simple life, but I just don't know how.  Do I get rid of lots of stuff - but then that is a lot of work, like with no dishwasher, or clothes washer!
The Bible has a couple of verses that I think of every now & again.

1 Thess. 4:11 says, "Make your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands."
1 Tim. 2:1- 2 "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness."

Lord, that is what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment